SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 19, 2013) - Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) today announced an addition to the company's campus networking family with the new Brocade® ICX® 7750 Switch, which delivers the simplification and automation provided by the Brocade HyperEdge™ Architecture. The Brocade ICX 7750 is the first high-density 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) fixed-port solution purposely designed to enable scale-out solutions for campus aggregation.
The switch enables the scale-out of campus aggregation networks, helping organizations seamlessly add network capacity in an agile, cost-efficient manner. The Brocade ICX 7750 will be shown for the first time at SuperComputing 2013 this week in Denver, Colorado.
As organizations such as research, education and government agencies feel the impact of mobile and social trends on their IT infrastructure, many are in need of a refresh for their IT networks. The primary reason for a refresh is that traditional networks are not suited for the delivery of large quantities of data, the proliferation of mobile devices and the additional layers of security required today.
Highlights of the Brocade ICX 7750:
- Agility and Performance
- Delivers unprecedented port density and scalability for a 10/40 GbE fixed-port stackable switch (available second half 2014)
- Up to 3,000 1/10 GbE ports, or 800 40 GbE ports in a single logical device
- Up to 82 terabits per second of aggregate switching capacity
- Up to 46 billion packets per second of aggregate forwarding capacity
- SDN-ready with true Hybrid Port mode support for OpenFlow 1.3
- Scale-out economics: progressively add switching capability at the core/aggregation layer when needed
- Optical stacking links for distributed aggregation/core layer across the campus, delivering switching capacity where needed
- Total cost of ownership (TCO) advantages of a fixed-port solution
- Brocade Assurance Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Automation and Resiliency
- Chassis-level resiliency, high availability and manageability
- Single point of management
- A Quad Core processor allowing for In-Service Software Updates (ISSU) within a single unit, as well as hitless failover
- Built-in resiliency, including a separate control and data stacking links for greater system reliability
- Hot-swap alert latch to help ensure data integrity when removing or inserting the high-performance 6×40 GbE module while the switch is operating
- Enterprise-grade advanced features such as Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Extended (VRRPe), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), robust IPV4/IPV6 support, Multi-Chassis Trunking (MCT), and Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Additional Information
- Three models available:
- 26 fixed 40 GbE and six 40 GbE slot module
- 48 fixed 10 GbE and six fixed 40 GbE + 6×40 GbE slot
- 48 10GBase-T and six fixed 40 GbE +6×40 GbE slot
- Will receive the same Federal certifications held by other Brocade ICX switches
Pricing and Availability
List pricing for the Brocade ICX 7750 Switch starts at $21,500 with the first customer shipment and general availability in early 2014. The Brocade ICX 7750 comes with a Brocade Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. Brocade networking solutions are available direct, through Brocade channel partners and via Brocade Network Subscription.
Rohit Mehra, Vice President, Network Infrastructure, IDC
"As organizations seek to become dynamic and more responsive to business needs, enterprise IT is looking for cost-effective, flexible approaches to their enterprise network that can ensure agility and scalability while being easy to manage. Brocade has taken a step in the right direction with their new fixed form-factor 10/40 GbE switches that can meet the scale-out needs of the enterprise campus. Providing features and capabilities typically seen in chassis-based platforms until now, they do provide operational and management benefits while being able to adjust to evolving workloads and use cases across the enterprise campus."
Anthony Robbins, Vice President Federal, Brocade
"This addition to the Brocade ICX switch family is just what many organizations in the private and public sectors are looking for. With this new switch Brocade is providing density to help make scale-out effortless, utilizing our robust stacking implementation. Customers want to be able to deploy network resources where they need it. With the Brocade ICX 7750, they can."
John Legge, President, Red Sky
"We help our customers find the right solutions for their business by helping to reduce the complexity and cost of their network infrastructures and Brocade solutions do just that."
Mike Dennis, VP Partner and Product Marketing, Zones
"At Zones, we advise our customers on the best technology solutions available to meet their business needs. Brocade, with their easy-to-use, scalable networking technology, offers productivity and reliability at the right price. We look forward to educating our customers about their new campus networking offering."
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world's leading organizations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere. (www.brocade.com)
- Seize TCO advantages with a fixed-port solution. The Brocade ICX 7750 switch is ready for your campus network: http://bit.ly/1aNvKdm
- Density that scales w/ your needs, the ICX 7750 allows progressive switch adding capabilities at the core layer: http://bit.ly/1aNvKdm